Saturday, May 22, 2010

It's Almost Bathing Suit Season in the city!

Well, ladies and gents, that time of the year is around the corner, where diets become more restricted and SPF 50 is to be slathered over your I-worked-really-hard-for-these-abs and thighs. The weather here is still spring, a little chilly, but it's one of my favorites seasons of the year. But that doesn't mean we should forget about lazy naps on the beach and taking ourselves to foreign cities and enjoying the cultures!
At Lord & Taylor, Lucky Magazine presents their countdown to summer has revealed shoppers a bathing suit fashion and shopping event. While sipping on Pina Coladas and nibbling on yummy raspberry tarts,
La Roux's "In for the Kill" and "Bulletproof" Sound off at the DJ


and the show begins...


Here, model Calei Chan gorgeously shows a Betsey Johnson white check matching ruffle bikini top and bottom. Ruffles are my favorite! They're so fun and can really accentuate where you want the most attention on your body. I can definitely use that!









So besides my poor digital camera skills, I think it's at least important to capture the look. Here, Marsha models a Calvin Klein Stripe Cotton cardigan, amazing for those light beachy coverups. I especially love the stripes, it still maintains attention with out covering too  much. Above, are some of my other stripe and cover up favorites. I think I've become more in love with stripes these days...









Black suits are always a classic:


Solid colors are amazing when making a bold statement. When you have that perfect color for your skin tone, it's almost as it screams, "I'm hot and confident!" So, fear not! Be bold! 




One of my favorite Betsey Johnson suits! The polka dots and the turquoise make a great contrast!
All swimsuits shown are all available at Lord & Taylor, so got get your best swim suit!


Now at Lord & Taylor, the new and first Guatemalan FEED bags in color, will help benefit UNICEF's efforts to help the children in Guatemala and the Guatemalan community!
The shown bag is $39 and pouches go for $19




All attendees took home a copy of Lucky Magazine, Issue June 2010


Fashion Merchandising Director Rebecca Bradley and Vice President and publisher Michelle Myers of Lucky Magazine


Catching up with Model Calei Chan, as featured in NYLON magazine





She is gorgeous and has the cutest pout! I can see big things in store for this model!







No comments: