Monday, May 2, 2011

"Justice has been done"

It has been announced last night, Osama Bin Laden has been killed.
I was sleeping when my sister woke me up from the news. Groggy from sleep, I wiped the sleep from my eyes as I couldn't believe it. Osama Bin Laden, the most wanted terrorist in the world, is dead.
This is the man who caused one of the greatest pains and tragedies in American History. With more than 3,000 American deaths on September 11th, "Justice has been done" announced President Obama on his speech last night.
There were celebratory cheers on the streets of Times Square and infront of the White House not only from Americans but from many other countries around the world.

The US has been on the hunt for Bin Laden for nearly 10 years it was time. Bush has been searching for Bin Laden  for years. With just 2 years in office, Obama has succeeded in finding him.
Definitely an advance to his presidency.
Someone always told me, "there are choices, decisions, and consequences". Something needed to be done to prevent any other type of attack to America and to any other nation. No one's safety or life should ever be threatened. Hearts are still sore from that September morning. And I'll never forget that day.
This day will go down in history.
But just because Osama Bin Laden is dead, does not mean we are safe. As Americans, we need to continue to stay wary and cautious of safety in our country.

No comments: