Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Couture for a Cause: the Fresh Air Fund

I was superr early for the Tibi/Man Repeller event at Bloomingdales, so heck, guess I'll just wander for an hour... Little did I know that Juicy Couture was also hosting an event on the same floor, on the same day, at the same time. Benefiting and celebrating the one and only, Fresh Air Fund. I was greeted by he lovely ladies who work at the Fresh Air Fund, a surprise indeed!

I've been involved with the Fresh Air Fund for about nine years (that's crazy since I'm only 16) and the experience has been life changing. Every summer I was able to go Upstate to Fishkill, NY for summers filled with swimming (learning anyway), friends, and s'mores, all for free. An extraordinary opportunity for sure. And this summer I'll be working again at Camp Mariah as a Career Awareness Teen or CAP Teen and be a counselor/fashion class assistant. 
So I was soo excited to see that Juicy Couture was getting involved with the Fresh Air Fund and finally finding its way back to us after a couple of years. 
these vanilla, pop rock, funfetti, cake ball things were AMAZING.
I mean, I've been to events where they gave out hors d'oeuvres and sweets, but these were so good!
I couldn't help but to take another when the waiters passed by.
Okay. That was my fattie moment ;)
Me and the Career Awareness Program Pre-Occ members
I was able to talk to the director in marketing of Juicy Couture about the event, how they found us, and most importantly how they could get involved with the FAF. We've kept in touch so I'm excited to work with them in the future!
So this is my way of saying thanks to everyone at Juicy Couture!
Donors like you make summers possible for thousands of NYC kids! So thank you!

No comments: