Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Once a dancer, always a dancer

Ballet Tech Class of 2008

For the past 9 years, I've been fortunate enough to be blessed with the power to dance. After attending Eliot Feld's Ballet Tech, the NYC Public School For Dance for 5 years, I moved onto being a dance major at Talent Unlimited High School for the next 4 years. With having danced with Wally Cardona and learned Martha Graham, Lar Lubovitch, Pilobolus, and many other techniques,  I have grown tremendously not only as a dancer but as a person.

This past Monday, I danced one last time on my school stage for my Exit Exam. I was so nervous and extremely emotional. That stage was the first real stage I ever performed on and this past Monday was my last. My piece was an contemporary ballet improv with some choreography. I was inspired to base my dance on the past 4 years of High School and show how much I've grown throughout the years.

Photos by Domenic Ming 
Who came and supported! Thank you! :)

The feeling's bittersweet. I hope to continue dance in the future, even if I am going to FIT.
Although I may not take ballet classes on a daily basis, dance and ballet will always be a part of me.

No comments: